Wednesday, March 9, 2011

What's so bad about the black culture?

In America most blacks that I know are into reading books, listening to smooth R&B, poetry, dance, furthering their education, yet they maintain their culture. Is it because they don't change who they are to be more like white people? If it's so bad why is it that other ethnicities love black made music, copy our slang, try to hip hop dance, and the black culture is known as "cool". We are who we are, I love listening to Neyo, Floetry, I talk using using some slang words, I love books by Zane, I like baby phat and house of dereon clothing, why are all these things defined as ghetto, when I never lived in one my whole life? Why is anything in the black culture defined as ghetto, when most are founded by people who never lived in a ghetto? If loving the black culture is ghetto, fu*k it then call me ghetto. I'm not going to change who I am and what I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment