Saturday, March 5, 2011

Married to a workaholic wife?

I am married to a CPA who is basically gone for 4-5 months out of the year due to her work. We have two kids who are 6 and 8. She is up at 6AM and working until 9 or 10 at night. She also works every weekend and even takes her laptop to family getaways. For 4-5 months of the year, it is like I don’t have a wife. Our lives revolve around her job for 4-5 months of the year. She thinks I am just being a baby. I try to get her to quit but she says she can’t leave he co-workers hanging. I feel like I can’t win b/c if I tell her I am unhappy, I am just a chauvinistic *** but I also can’t stand these 4-5 months. Most of the successful people in her firm have unsuccessful personal lives and I try to show her the writing on the wall but she won’t hear any of it. I don’t know what to do. Should I just “suck it up” or am I unreasonable for wanting a wife I can connect with emotionally?

No comments:

Post a Comment